Thursday, May 20, 2010

My life, a diary in the making.

"We don't need a church for prayer... We don't need a canvas for love... These were the words personified by a band"? Well I just Read this and thought well what does God have to say about that? Well that is not where the power is. See the fact is that this statement is completely wrong. We don't need a church for prayer? well fact. God said where 2 or more are gathered in my name, I am there in their midst. OK so once again the church is where God is and the "church" is the entireTy of the body. The complete misunderstanding of the term church is causing people to think that it is a place or a building to go. Separation of church and state. Fact is there can be no separation of church and state because I am a part of the church and I am a citizen of the United States. I bring my moral compass to me at the polls. I bring my higher ethical standard with me to the workplace, I bring my Godly ideals no matter how much my flesh may not like them with me everywhere I go. So you need the "church" for that is the place that God is doing His work. It was not in a field by himself that Gideon was conquering, there he was in the wine press and God got a hold of him and told him what he was going to do but then brought him back to the rest of Gods people "the church". If we have a problem with God and His people we are truly not of the Spirit and God said we are to be in the Spirit to be in Him. So the next time I hear some bull like this I may need to exercise my freedom of speech to set them straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment